“Vous ne pouvez pas transmettre la sagesse et la vision profonde à une autre personne. La graine est déjà là. Un bon enseignant touche la graine, lui permet de s’éveiller, de germer et de grandir”
“You cannot transmit wisdom or insight to someone else – the seed is already there. A good teacher is someone who touches that seed so it can wake up, sprout and grow.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh
Thich Nhat Hanh and Plum Village dharma teachers have been training educators in Europe, America and Asia for over thirty years, developing the “Wake Up Schools” training program. This is the first time that Thich Nhat Hanh will offer a full course of these teachings in French.
What’s this retreat about?
This retreat is a chance for francophone educators to practice mindfulness together, to deepen their own practice and develop tools for introducing mindfulness into the classroom or other educational setting.
What will I learn?
During this retreat we will explore the challenges and successes we’ve encountered in bringing mindfulness into education, and we’ll support one another as a “community of educators” both within the retreat and beyond. We’ll learn how to build a supportive environment in the workplace, and will learn the art of mindful communication – including skills such as loving speech, deep listening and how to reconcile with others.
There will also be a number of international specialists in the field of mindfulness in education contributing their experience to this retreat.
We’ll explore and experience:
- Practices to help reduce anxiety and burn-out, and which strengthen our capacity to cultivate happiness and handle strong emotions
- How to handle our body and mind in the present moment, to take care of ourselves and cultivate peace and clarity
- Practical mindfulness tools for teachers and those who work with children and young people
- How to create and support mindful, harmonious communities in schools and colleges
- Mindful communication skills such as deep listening, loving speech and reconciliation
- How to create a joyful, positive and healthy collective energy as a group
Who is this retreat for?
Priority for this retreat will be given to those who work in the fields of education (at kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, or places of higher education) as teachers, administrators, counsellors or social workers, as well as those who are teachers of yoga or mindfulness. There will be simultaneous translation into English for the key Dharma Talks and workshops, and so non-French speaking educators may also register.
Registration for all educators will open mid-June.
If spaces allow, the retreat will also be opened to the wider francophone sangha in Mid-September.
Single women and couples
Single women and couples