EIAB needs your helping hands
We are very happy to inform you that we will be offering the annual German and Dutch retreats and Day of Mindfulness in August 2019 at the EIAB. We welcome you to join us in manifesting a wonderful continuation of our teacher’s life and practice!
Before, during and after these events we will need staff to help us, so we invite you to apply to be a staff member. As a staff member you can help us in many different areas, most of which involve physical work. We ask you to arrive earlier and depart later than other retreatants.
All staff will be asked to follow the retreat schedule. The day typically begins at 06:00, and ends at 22:00. Depending on the work, parts of the morning, afternoon and evening activities of the retreat may have to be missed in order to complete the work assigned to you. Work is done in small groups of “families” comprised of retreatants, monastic, and experienced lay practitioners. Staff will be asked to coordinate and lead their family group in the assigned work.
Serving on the staff team is often a very rewarding and fulfilling experience when we are able to work together in joy and harmony. Here are some of the qualities we are looking for in staff members in our large retreats with 400 plus retreatants:
· Ability to speak Dutch and/or German, basic English
· Being in good physical and mental health
· Ability to listen deeply to others and be open to others’ ideas
· Being mindful and keeping our calm even in difficult situations
· Working well on a team
· Capable of guiding a group in its work
· Responsible, diligent and thorough in your work
· Creative and energetic
· For first-aid team we are also looking for people with first aid experience or medical background
All staffs are asked to tent, so that you are able to help and participate in the retreat at the lowest rate we can offer. Please bring your own tent, sleeping bag, pillow and whatever else you may need for your tenting comfort.
All Staff are welcome to participate in the Day of Mindfulness on August 11th free of charge.
If you would like to register or see more detail information about EIAB Staff Program, please visit our website:
· English website: https://www.eiab.eu/staff-registration-en
· German website: https://www.eiab.eu/staff-registration-de
· Dutch website: https://www.eiab.eu/staff-registration-nl
Notice: The Online Registration Form of the staff Program will be closed on 28 July 2019
Thank you for your willingness to help. We are confident that together we will make the retreats a great success.
May you be peaceful and safe,
|EIAB Staff Registration Team|
Tel: + 49 (0) 2291-9071373
(From Tuesday to Saturday 14:30 – 16:30)
- Come for the day
- Stay for a retreat
- Retreat Program & Registration
- Getting here
- Join us at events outside Plum Village
- Discover the Teachings
- Mindfulness Trainings – The Path of Happiness
- Mindfulness Bell Magazine
- Mindfulness Practice