Date(s): Aug. 06, 2018 - Aug. 11, 2018
Language: German / English
Big Summer Retreat with almost 100 monks and nuns from the EIAB and Plum Village
We are pleased to announce that Sister Chan Khong, Thay Phap An, Sister Chan Duc, Sister Dieu Nghiem, Thay Phap Ung, Thay Phap Xa, and Sister Bi Nghiem will hold the Dharma lectures and also Dharma exchange groups – among many other experienced monks and nuns from Plum Village and the EIAB.
06. – 11.08. FINDING PEACE IN THE MIDST OF CHANGE
German Retreat with the monks and nuns from the EIAB and Plum Village
Registration until 31 July 2018
Do you know that Plum Village and the EIAB have the same distance and travel time to Paris? It is just less than 600 km and 6 hrs by car or 4,5 hrs by train. And from London, for example, it takes only 5 hrs and from Amsterdam only 3,5 hrs by train to the EIAB.
What makes the big summer retreats even more special than other retreats and courses?
- The Dharma talks will be given by the eldest and most experienced Dharma teachers, who will also lead the walking meditations and facilitate Dharma sharing groups.
- A few hundred people including almost 100 monastic brothers and sisters will practice together and thus we can generate a powerful collective energy of mindfulness that is very healing and nourishing for everyone.
- We will have Dharma sharings in small groups. In this way we can connect and share deeply about our joy, our happiness and also the challenges we face at the moment.
- Monastics and lay friends from many different countries will come together to enjoy the wonders of life, great food for body and mind and experience the joy and magic of brotherhood and sisterhood.
Nothing stays the same from moment to moment. All is in a constant process of change. Often it is difficult, frightening and threatening for us when we experience this fundamental truth of life. We try to repress our unpleasant experience and not to feel our fear and anxiety but all these attempts at avoidance are useless. Our fears and our deep need for security and comfort need our attention and care if we are going to find peace in impermanence.
Mindfulness will help us to find an inner balance in the midst of the challenges of daily life, the ups and downs of our relationships and our profession and the changing society.
Most of the Dharma Talks will be in English with consecutive translation into German. There will be an English-speaking sharing group.
The children’s program will be in German. There will also be a teens program where English and German will be spoken.
For online registration https://www.eiab.eu/germanregistration-form-en
If you would like to see more detail information about EIAB Staff Program, please visit our website:
(on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 17h to 19h)