In mid July this year, Plum Village is offering three 6-days retreats open to everyone, including families and children. We would like to invite experienced practitioners in our tradition to support us from July 2 – 31 as volunteers in this Summer Opening (July 9 – 29).
Volunteers will arrive on July 2 to settle in, meet the monastics and the volunteer team. We will learn, practice, play, and prepare for the retreat together.
Volunteers will also stay a few days after the retreat, departing on July 31, to help us and to join the farewell gathering.
Volunteers will camp during the retreat and contribute €200 for your stay.
Please note that we can only consider your application if you have practiced at one of the Plum Village centers.
All volunteers, please provide:
- A copy of ID card
- Proof of health insurance and visa if needed.
- Children’s and Teens’ program volunteers – a copy of the Child Protection Certificate, police check record, or similar document from your country. For residents of France, this can be obtained here
Volunteering for the Children’s and Teens’ Program
|Children’s program||French||Upper Hamlet|
|Children’s program||Italian||Upper Hamlet|
|Children’s program||Spanish||Upper Hamlet|
|Children’s program||English||Lower Hamlet|
|Children’s program||*German (July 16 – 31 only)||New Hamlet|
|Children’s program||*Dutch (July 9 – 24 only)||New Hamlet|
|Teen girls’ program||English/French||New Hamlet|
|Teen boys’ program||English/French||Upper Hamlet|
* We ask volunteers who for the German or Dutch children’s program to come for 2 weeks and contribute €125 for your stay.
Apply to be a volunteer
Please fill out the form below and we ask for your understanding as it may take us a few weeks to reply to you.
- Upper Hamlet (with the monks), generally receive single male volunteers and also female volunteers for the French, Italian and Spanish children program.
- New Hamlet (with the nuns), generally receive single female volunteers, and also male volunteers for the German and Dutch children program.
- Lower Hamlet (with the nuns), generally receive single female volunteers.
- All three hamlets receive couples and non-binary folk as volunteers
Dutch Children’s Program Volunteer (July 9 – 24)
German Children’s Program Volunteer (July 16 – 31)
All French, Spanish, Italian Children’s Program and Boys Teens’ Program
English Children’s Program
Girl Teens’ Program
All other General volunteers
A lotus for you, a Buddha to be