Date(s): May. 05, 2016 - May. 09, 2016
Thai Plum Village
On warm summer days, the ocean is a radiant blue, the sun shines brightly, and the clouds enjoy sailing peacefully across the sky. Where will you be spending time this summer? What will you be doing on such beautiful days as these?
Would you like to enjoy moments of peaceful steps, lovely smiles, and the stillness of sitting meditation in the early morning? The feeling of going hand in hand joyfully and happily with like-minded young people who have the same aspiration? Everything is deeply inter-connected. When we can touch peace together, deep in our heart, across boundaries of nationality and race, we know that we are generating that peace for the whole world.
Let us come together in Thailand in May to share beautiful moments in the 5-day International Wake Up Retreat “Be free where you are” from May 5th-9th. We welcome all young people aged 18 to 35 ages, from all nationalities, to enjoy this opportunity to discover peace and compassion within us and around us. The retreat includes pick-ups and drop-offs in Bangkok (downtown city-center or Don Mueng International Airport), so we can all enjoy travelling to and from Thai Plum Village retreat center together.
Date: 10am 5th May – 2pm 9th May, 2016
Venue: Thai Plum Village International Practice Center, Pak Chong, Thailand
Main Language: English (translation provided for Thais and Vietnamese)
Number of participants: 350 people
4:45 Wake Up
5:30 Sitting meditation, Chanting, and Walking Meditation
8:30 Working Meditation
9:45 Singing meditation
10:00 Orientation/Dharma Talk
13:30 Total Relaxation
15:00 Sharing from the heart
16:30 Sports and Games/ Private Consultations
19:30 Presentation on 5 Mindfulness Trainings / Beginning Anew Presentation / Performance
21:30 Noble Silence
Participants: 350 people (aged 18-35 years old)
- Participants should be able to stay throughout all 5 days. The program will start at 10am on the first day and will finish at 2pm on the last day.
- We provide 3 vegetarian meals per day.
- Please dress in a respectful manner as this is a monastery. Please do not wear shorts or tank tops (singlets), wide or open-neck t-shirt, loose attire is preferred and the most comfortable for sitting meditation. This is also for you to feel more at ease around the monastic brothers and sisters. You don’t need to wear all white outfits.
- The accommodation is separate dormitories for females and males.
- Please bring umbrellas, hats, flashlights, mosquito repellant, jackets, sleeping bags, sport shoes, flip-flops, and your own medicines (if any).
- Very important: please bring your own water bottle or glass (we have the refill water stations for you).
- We will not keep your cell phones but we would like you to use them as less as possible and only during your free time. Please do not use the cell phones during the activities and always put them in silent mode.
- If you would like to travel by the provided bus/van, there will be an extra charge of 700 baht per person for the round trip transportation between Bangkok and Thai Plum Village.
- Meeting Point 1: In front of McDonald’s, Amarin Plaza, Chidlom BTS Station (E1). Departure Time is 6:00am.
- Meeting Point 2: ESSO petrol service station, Phahonyotin Road, next to BIG C supermarket, before the entrance of Meongeak Village at 6.30am.
Leaving Plum Village Pak Chong at 2.00pm
- First stop: Don Mueng Airport
- Final stop: BTS Chidlom station around 6:30 pm.
- If you would like to travel to Thai Plum Village on your own, please study this map:http://www.thaiplumvillage.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=207&Itemid=112
Course fee (does not include the transportation fee)
- 2,500 baht for adults
- 2,000 baht for students and/or adults who need this financial support
You can also donate to support our friends in need of financial support and/or to help our Wake Up activities by making a bank transfer to the Plum Village Foundation (PVF) Thailand:
Account Name: PVF for Retreat
BANGKOK BANK PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED / SIAM PARAGON BRANCH,
Account no. 855-0-13333-7, SWIFT CODE: BKKBTHBK
KASIKORN BANK PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED / SIAM PARAGON BRANCH,
Account no. 738-2-06689-4, SWIFT CODE: KASITHBK
** Please send the payment slip via email: email@example.com within 7 days to confirm your registration.
** PLEASE NOTE: If you are not currently in Thailand, you can pay when upon arrival at the retreat. After registration, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your registration.
Registration will close on April 24that 6pm, or when the retreat is fully booked
For more info:
089-043-6358 (between 9.00-20.00)
Connect to us on Facebook: Wake Up Thailand