I think it is the good teachers who will be able to change the world. That’s my belief, because a teacher can nourish, can heal, can build healthy,Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
happy human beings.
You are invited to this one-week retreat (August 18 – 25) to take the time to rest, renew, and connect deeply with the source of this sacred love that you are cultivating and offering through your life. This program is specifically offered for professionals who work in Formal or informal Education, especially teachers, whether you have been practicing Mindfulness or are a beginner to it.
The activities are designed to help participants to practice and generate the energy mindfulness together with the nuns and monks of Plum Village, to have a chance to come back to oneself. The activities include walking meditation, deep relaxation, sitting meditation, eating meditation, workshops, ethics, sharing from the heart to heart.
Since 2008, our beloved teacher, Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, has been emphasizing the need to support educators by sharing mindfulness practice. The sangha has held retreats for educators around the world and called for a secular movement known as ‘Applied Ethics’ which later became Wake Up Schools.
Update on plum picking
Dear friends, due to changes in the sangha, we are not including plum picking as part of this retreat. Please accept our sincere apology for this change. We trust that you will still enjoy plenty of ripe plums while staying with us :)
- You need to commit to participate fully for 7 days.
- Check in (arrival) is on Friday, Aug 18 at 15.00 – 21.00 pm and Check out (departure) is on Friday, Aug 25 at 09.30 am. (Note the time is approximate).
- This retreat will be conducted in English with translation in French, Spanish.
- There will be affinity workshops during the retreat, please note that some of the workshops may not provide translations.
- This Retreat is equivalent with the level 1 Wake Up School Program, Taking Care of the Teacher, focuses on learning the fundamental Plum Village mindfulness practices and incorporating them into daily lives as Education professionals. Certificates of attendance can be issued on request.
- Official invitation letter for your institution if needed.
**To register for couples, please fill in details of both people.
Staying with the nuns
Staying with the nuns
Staying with the monks
More information about joining us for a retreat
- Sample schedule
- Accommodation and pricing
- Other practicalities such as transportation, what to wear, what to bring, and meals
Our guidebook Happy Teachers Change the World: A Guide to Cultivating Mindfulness in Education by Thich Nhat Hanh and Katherine Weare Foreword by Jon Kabat-Zinn, please click the language to purchase – [English], [French], [Spanish], [Italiano].