Drops of Compassion: a letter from Sister Chan Khong

Sister Chan Khong, the eldest monastic in the Plum Village Community of Engaged Buddhists, and Thay’s long-time collaborator, has written an open letter to Aung San Suu Kyi of Myanmar, to ask for compassionate action to prevent the violent oppression of Rohingya muslims in her country.

Posted in News Tagged with: , , , ,
7 comments on “Drops of Compassion: a letter from Sister Chan Khong
  1. Deardra says:

Dear Sister Chan Khong,
    I am a 54 year old “infant”, just begining my journey in Mindfullness Meditation. I read your letter and my heart is full!
    I thank you my Sister for teaching me the ways of Truth, Love, Compassion and Peace, even in such challenging situations.
    May you always be Blessed, may all Beings be Blessed, May we all discover our true Buddha Nature.
    Deardra

2. Chantal lassier says:

Thanks so much for your involvement into this painful situation and for sharing your mindful message of peace. I bow to you respectfully , sister .

3. Cathel Hutchison says:

Very powerful.

4. Pia Das says:

I’m very happy to see us taking action to remind the world and ourselves about the forgotten issue of Rohingya refugees. I met my husband 24 years ago in Bangladesh and he had been working as a doctor in the Rohingya refugee camp by the border of Myanmar and took me to see it as I was a young medical student. During the years I have been sad to see no progress in their situation, altough the situation in Myanmar has changed and become more hopeful in general. Thank you our elders for this decision to take action.

• Farronato Simone says:

Chère soeur Chân Không,

toujour de nouveau je suis trés touché par votre engagement trés humain, toute de la votre vie pour des homme désavantagé, comme par exemple maintenant avec cette lettre du coeur…
      Vous êtes une vrai exemple humain pour moi, merci merci beaucoup 🙂 Thaî et vous et tout les soeurs et frères pratiquante de plum village et dans tout les autres centres sur le monde, ça me donne toujour de nouveau la force et le foi, que ce peut donner plus de l’amour peu à peu de notre terre mère… et pour moi de fair jour par jour ma travaille avec des jeunes hommes désavantagé dans notre foyer, merci beaucoup.

Une embrasse de la coeur en reconnaissance
      Simone

5. Marielle says:

Thanks to you sister for sharing .
    I will keep in heart.

6. Melissa Deacon says:

Thank you for writing such an impotant letter Sister Chan Khong.