Thich Nhat Hanh Returns Home

CBZ-village-des-pruniers

Friday 2nd November, 2018

Plum Village International Practice Center
Le Pey, Thénac 24240, France

The monks and nuns of the Plum Village International Community of Engaged Buddhists stand by our beloved teacher, the Zen master, global spiritual leader, peace activist and poet Thich Nhat Hanh, as he returns again to his homeland. Since celebrating his 92nd birthday last month, he has expressed a deep wish to go back to reside at his “root temple,” Tu Hieu Temple in Hue, Vietnam, to live his remaining days. Thich Nhat Hanh has turned formidable physical challenges arising from the major stroke he suffered four years ago into a powerful teaching by continuing to live each moment peacefully and joyfully, with great presence and meaning.

Tu Hieu Temple is where Thich Nhat Hanh first became a monk in 1942, aged sixteen. After nearly sixty years spreading the teachings abroad, Thich Nhat Hanh’s final homecoming is a source of peace and happiness for his students, Tu Hieu Temple and lineage. It is very precious for Thich Nhat Hanh’s large international following to maintain this deep and enduring connection to our spiritual roots in Vietnam. Thich Nhat Hanh, who coined the term “Engaged Buddhism” and who has dedicated his life to renewing Buddhism so it can help individuals and societies address the challenges of our times, has always seen the roots of his teachings in the engaged spiritual life of the distinguished Buddhist patriarchs during Vietnam’s ancient Ly and Tran dynasties.

Although since his stroke Thich Nhat Hanh has no longer been able to speak, he remains powerfully alert and present. After summoning his senior disciples to a meeting on 24th October in Plum Village Thailand, where he has been residing since December 2016, Thich Nhat Hanh clearly communicated his wish to return to Vietnam using gestures, nodding and shaking his head in response to questions. The necessary arrangements were made for his return and he landed at Da Nang Airport, Vietnam on the afternoon of 26th October. His arrival was celebrated by a receiving party of senior Buddhist venerables, monks, nuns and lay followers.

After resting for two days by the ocean to recover from the journey, Thich Nhat Hanh arrived at Tu Hieu on the afternoon of October 28th, where he was welcomed with a traditional formal procession and the sound of drums and bells. As he entered, he took a moment to reach out and touch the cool stone of the ancient gateway: a seal of arrival and return. Everyone present remained silent as he contemplated the half-moon pond, where he had spent many memorable moments as a young monk, and then made his way to the Buddha hall to pay his respects and offer incense at the ancestral altar.

Since his arrival, Thich Nhat Hanh’s health has remained fragile but stable. He has joined his community in walking meditation at dawn, visiting every corner of this temple that was his home and where he was nurtured as he embarked on his spiritual path. On the evening of October 26th in Da Nang, as the current Abbot and Head of Tu Hieu lineage, Thich Nhat Hanh directed his disciples to draft a letter inviting all the monks and nuns of the Tu Hieu lineage (disciples and descendants of Zen Master Thanh Quy, his teacher), to a joyful family gathering and homecoming celebration at Tu Hieu Temple on Saturday November 3rd. As Thich Nhat Hanh said when he first returned to Vietnam in 2005, after four decades of exile, “There is no religion, no doctrine higher than brotherhood and sisterhood.”

Even at this moment, Thich Nhat Hanh remains steadfast and energetic in using every breath and every action to build and strengthen the “beloved community of compassion,” and to cultivate healing, reconciliation and transformation in his community, society and the world.

Future reports on our Teacher will be posted officially at plumvillage.org, langmai.org, villagedespruniers.orgwww.facebook.com/thichnhathanh, and thichnhathanhfoundation.org

My Master's Robe: Memories of a Novice Monk

Fragrant Palm Leaves: Journals, 1962-1966

Call Me By My True Names: The Collected Poems of Thich Nhat Hanh

Inside the Now: Meditations on Time

At Home in the World: Stories and Essential Teachings from a Monk's Life

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
110 comments on “Thich Nhat Hanh Returns Home
  1. Robin says:

Bless you deeply Thay, and much peace & joy , so happy for you that you are back where you want to be. You have blessed the world with your profound yet simple truths, and your humor has always touched me too. I have never met you in person, but I feel like I have met you somehow anyway. Much love

2. Dearest Thay – Thank you from the heart for your courage in building peace, and, above all, for living peace. Countless thousands or millions of us continue to be inspired by your example, your compassion, and your clarity.

May I share with you a simple Peace Mantra seven of us composed ten years or so ago?

Peace in my Heart
    Peace in this Place
    Peace in our Land
    And throughout the World
    Peace

I read so often in your books a very similar message: peace has to start with each one of us! Thank you!

3. Peter Mirchandani says:

Dearest Thay,
    I am very happy to have learned that you have returned home.
    Thank you so much for all your wonderful and wise teachings.
    I wish you peace and happiness.

4. Julio Armas says:

Dear Thay, I have not met you physically but I feel like I’ve met you through your books. I’m most grateful for your teachings, you have shown me a new way of living, in fact, I think this is the first time I’m actually living. I really hope you enjoy every moment in your root temple with the Sangha.

5. Don DeMaio says:

I have so much gratitude for all I’ve learned from reading your works, and watching your lectures on the Internet. I wish you all the peace in the world in return for all the peace and happiness you’ve given to millions of others.

6. Susan says:

He has arrived; he is home. We will always work to continue your teachings, dear Thay. Please enjoy your time in your beautiful surroundings with your Brothers and Sisters.

7. Larry Flood says:

Thay: Thanks to your teaching, when I breath in I know that I am breathing in; When I breath out I know that I am breathing out. Thank you.

8. Kate Morrison says:

Blessed That, it made my heart smile when I read that you ate now at your birth home. The circle of life… BEing Peace, spreading peace… BEing Love, spreading love… With a full, grateful heart I thank you for planting seeds and leading by example how to nourish each one as we continue to walk in peace, in love and spread the joy. My heart overflows from reading all of the heart felt messages for you Thay. One man, that touched so many❤️🙏❤️. You will continue to walk in peace beside us all…we will always be connected. Peace, love, and total contentment my beloved smiles and the world smiles.
    ❤️, Kate

9. Brian Victor Hernandez says:

With gratitude and joy, I thank you dearly Thay, For a Lifetime Of Love and Sevice To Humanity, such wonderful teachings. A true modern day Buddha. The joy and guidance you have embodied will forever be remembered. Forever in my heart. 🙏🏼💜☺️ Thank You, Thank You, Thank You…

10. Jana Sim says:

if I am visiting Tu Hieu temple in Hue, will I be able to visit Master Thay as well?

• Dear Friend, you are welcome to visit Tu Hieu temple anytime. Thay is joining the sangha in walking meditation around the grounds from time to time, especially in the early mornings.

11. Sending heart’s gratitude to you for beautiful guidance & compassion, Thay. Makes me happy knowing you are at Tue Hieu, your root temple, again. I’m remembering being there with you & the sangha in 2007. Now, a precious homecoming.

12. marco valente says:

Thank you so much for the update, dear community. May the beloved Thay be well, peaceful, happy, and loved.

13. Ying Studebaker says:

My heart is filled with gratitude and joy seeing you finally coming home after fifty-some years in exile. As you entered the Tu Hieu Temple, the song of ‘Coming Home’ made my heart tremble with joy and sadness. Your courageous teaching of peace in the midst of brutal violence was a great inspiration for the world that softness and peace will always win over force and violence. In deep gratitude of your teaching. Peaceful wishes to you.

Ying

14. Kevin Hearth says:

Dearest Thay, I walk both with and for you, I cannot express how much my life has changed since discovering you and your practice. Much love.

15. Eli Brown says:

Dear Thay, I am so glad you are home. I wish you so much peace and happiness. I never had the honor to meet you, but your teachings have saved my sanity so many times, bringing me peace when nothing else did. You are a treasure for this world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Anne Costaras says:

Incredible words which I would like to echo! Such a wonderful teaching – I now am living 🙏 in the moment. Grateful for these loving teachings.

16. Elizabeth E Heilman says:

Thank you for all you have taught me, Thay. One of the lessons was that the Sangha is not defined by time and by space, that I was with you while away from you. I have kept that in my heart and in my breath.

17. Many years ago I had the wonderful blessing of Thay coming to a city 25 miles from me. I was able to attend 2 days with him and the monks and nuns from Plum Village. Those 2 days changed my life and I am so grateful. Thank you Thay and all who follow <3 May your journey be blessed

18. Yanira Greener says:

Dearest Thay, So very happy you have returned home. Thank you for your beautiful teachings.

19. Warren says:

I have been fortunate to visit Magnolia Grove in my home state of Mississippi two times. Both times, in the presence of Thay’s monks and nuns, I have experienced profound peace.

I feel that I have come to know you through your teachings and your Sangha. I come from a tradition that talks about a Second Coming, but I know that I have lived in the time of a master. You are with each of us now and we are each with you. I hope to live my life to be a piece of your continuation, if only in a small way. Thank you for the extraordinary gift of peace you have brought to the Earth.

20. Donatella says:

Dear Master Dear Thai
    I have been following your teachings as I could! Your seeds of love and compassion have been changing me and now I feel me interconnected with you and all the brothes and sisters around the world! I wish you a peaceful and joyful life back home! With immense gratitude

21. Barbie says:

Dear Thay, So grateful you could go home! So grateful you have taught us that home is inside! So grateful for the beloved community u have created and that has nourished me and so many others! Love and peace, Barbie

22. Cesar says:

gracias querido maestro Thich Nhat Hahn , tu mensaje a quedado en mi ser con todo el amor, que tu has dado. Gracias abrazo fraterno. Disfruta !!!

23. Joy Miller says:

Dearest Thay,

When I see the cloud in my tea, I will think of you. When I see the subtly changing light on the mountains, I will think of the impermanence of your body and the permanence of your beautiful mind and your teachings. And I will know I am home.

With gratitude and respect,

Joy

24. Rafael says:

Infinite gratitude for ever beloved Master..

25. Judith says:

I am so glad you are where you want to be, Thay. I will never forget the smile and wave you gave me as you passed my tent near your hut at Plum Village many years ago. I almost felt my feet lift off the ground and in that moment, understood the meaning of your teaching. Deepest of bows to you.

26. Jeanie Seward-Magee says:

Dearest Thầy
    We are so happy you have arrived and you are now home.
    We visited your root temple when in you were in Vietnam during your first visit back home in 40 years.
    With our love and gratitude,
    Jeanie, True Virtue and Gratitude, and my dear husband John,
    Vancouver, BC, Canada and San Miguel Allende, México

27. Sue Marsh says:

Dear Thay, I wish you many more days and years of peace and tranquillity at the beautiful Tu Hieu Temple. Thank you for your teaching and your inspiration.
    Thay I promise to smile. I promise to breathe.
    May you dwell in light and surrounded by love.

28. Aline Mackissack says:

Dearest Thây
    Thanks You for your most serene teachings. Always un muy heart. Love, Aline

29. Heather Finkel says:

Smile, you are home!

Thank you for everything you have taught me for the past 20 years! I am now an aspirant and loving every step, learning to be more an do less.

Warmly and with much love and gratitude, Heather Finkel, Clinical Psychologist in Jackson, WY

30. Carol Green says:

Thank you, Thay, our inspiration, our teacher. You are loved.
    — Source of True Discernment

31. Laurel Wolfe Surles says:

My dear teacher Thay~
    “i know you are there and i am very happy”
    You brought me comfort as I went thru recent surgery to repair my ankle, as you are a living example of how to be present and mindful no matter what perceived challenges our beautiful and temporary bodies are manifesting~ I am now using crutches to touch the earth, mindful of my breath, as each step is indeed peace. Bless you on your journey,.. perhaps a squirrel next? (You mentioned this once in a talk and it brought me delight) True love to you all ways~ Namaste, skillful service of the heart

• Peter Donovick (aka Senge Sherab ) says:

My morning readings almost always include your writings, you are in my heart mind …. you have been a key to my path and life. Thank you dear teacher

32. Andrzej says:

Thank you, Master, for your wise words, for your presence.
    You taught me to be for others, be with others.
    Thank you.
    Please, be with us.

33. muriel bruzzese says:

Thay, forever thankful to you.
    My respects a love, from Montevideo, Uruguay.

34. Liz Dale says:

I learned walking meditation from you at Lake Merritt in Oakland California. Will always keep you in my mind/heart!!

35. Ashley says:

Thay, thank you so much for everything you have shared with us! Your work has reminded us time and time again of the importance of both love and compassion in this sometimes-overwhelming world. You have helped guide me to change my life for the better. May you find much peace, love, and joy at home! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

36. Laura Glez. Careaga says:

Maestro Thich Nhat Hanh, Maestro de la Compasión , solo tengo en mi corazón un enorme Gracias , hace 25 años que tuve en mis manos un hermoso libro tuyo, y desde entonces tus enseñanzas me acompañan , Gracias por enseñarme a comprender la atención plena , tu sabiduría,sencillez y humildad son invaluables . Feliz retorno a
    casa !!

37. Barbara says:

Bless you Thay

38. Peter Mirchandani says:

Dearest Thay,

Thank you very much for your wonderful teachings. They have been extremely invaluable and helpful to me and many others around the world.

I am very pleased to learn that you have returned to your home in Vietnam. I hope that you are very happy and at ease.

I wish you peace and happiness.

With Best Wishes,
    Peter Mirchandani

39. Have a blessed journey. Deep love for you and your most noble spirit. Chere

40. Nigel & Peta Black says:

Dearest Thay,
    Sending great peace and love.
    In eternal gratitude,
    Nigel, Peta, Maya and Ana

41. Celia Fernández says:

Beloved Thay, my deepest gratitude. I have no words. LoVe.

42. MaryA says:

I walk for you, dear Thay.

43. Beloved Thay, you are the best in me, as close and natural as our breath. I wish you the peace of exhalation, the bliss of pause and the joy of renewed inhalation. Eternally awake, as love.

44. Michelle Rawlings says:

Dearest Thay, I am ever grateful for your teaching and guidance. My love is with you in your journeys.

45. John Harrison says:

Thay, i am walking with you since i was taught by your friend Robert Aitkin many years ago in Hawaii..this last step home is fitting and the world is warmed by your return.
    Peace IS every step
    With love and gratitude.

46. Nancy Riou says:

Your words and love are always with me. Today, I shared your story of the pirates pillaging the boats of refugees fleeing Vietnam. And how you are able to empathized with the pirates, knowing that if you were born to their parents and lived their life, you too would be a pirate and not a Zen Master. My fellow group members and I were struggling with judging others, unable to understand them and their political views, so abhorrence to us. Yet we also sat there knowing that to judge and feel angry towards them is what brings us all so much suffering at this time of decisiveness. Your words, your life, your love sustains me and your continuation body as beacons of hope. I breath in joy with you as you return to your spiritual home…

47. Bree Harris says:

Thay,
    My bless
    Bree

48. Bill Scorzari says:

Thay. Peace.

49. Sunita says:

Namastey Master!
    Your presence is blissful and motivating.
    Gratitudes from my deepest core🙏💞

50. Rose says:

Namaste Teacher (Thay) I’m so happy you made it home I never got to meet you but you came to me In My dreams and I’ll always walk in peace and compassion because of your many words that touch my soul many blessing to you my friend . Peace rose jones

51. Jan Ross says:

Dear Thay, Much gratitude for your life, your teachings, and your books. My life has been changed amazingly by your teachings and being at retreat with you. May your days be full of sunshine, showers and the sangha. I am so glad you have arrived home. I will breathe with you!

Much Love!

52. Harriet Wrye says:

Dear Thây, how beautiful and nourishing to know you are where you want to be–and to remember walking in meditation with you there on the Peace and Reconciliation pilgrimage in 2007. You are healthy and well everywhere in the sangha body. Last night at Stanford, Roshi Joan Halifax gave a keynote address and quoted you often. Breathing and smiling, True Precious Smile.

53. Apriel Jessup says:

Love you Thay!

54. Sky Farley says:

Beloved Teacher , Thay,
    I hold you in my heart as a venerated Teacher while at the same time as aloving member of my closest family . You show the way thru every word and action how to generate and sow the seeds of compassion and joy in every possible situation…
    how to share and extend the energies of peace, forgiveness and loving kindness , as a way of being in this world.
    Because of you , I have learned self compassion
    ….. and I smile deeply when doing my dishes,
    trying my very best to “ just do the dishes.”
    So happy to read you are reunited with your homeland.
    In humble gratitude and love,
    Sky Farley

55. Thu-Huong says:

Feeling happy and sad. No lotus, no mud.

56. Linda Z says:

Thay’s words have changed my life and given me an avenue to peace. I am forever grateful. With love and respect, Linda.

57. Paul T. says:

I want to say how deeply grateful I am for your presence in the world. “Peace is Every Step” and “Being Peace” (I still refer to this book as my happiness bible) introduced me to you and you have remained an inspiration for these past 20 years. Your, peacefull, still and profound presence is truly a blessing. I still find myself drinking tea, eating a cookie or washing up and remembering your wisdom on being present. And when I am outside in nature i recall your poem:”Peace is every step. The shining red sun is my heart. How green and fresh all that grows. How cool the wind blows. Peace is every step. It turns the endless path to joy”. Thank you.

58. Amalija says:

May you be peaceful, well and happy, dear Thay.

With gratitude and love.

59. Phillip says:

I wish you great time in homeland and home temple. Thank you so much Thay for all that you have the Shangha have provided and taught us!
    A Di Dda Phat.
    Phillip

60. Endless gratitude and love for you and your teachings, which spread out like ripples joyfully and gently washing over so many people. So glad you left your home, spreading the dharma far and wide however painful it was for you personally, and so glad you could return now to heal the deepest wounds.

61. Sending love to you Thich, you are an absolute inspiration to the world. <3

62. Andre says:

Lieber Thay, deine Worte und deine Präsenz sind so voller Liebe und Gleichmut. Mit jedem Atemzug in der Meditation spüre ich die Freiheit und Energie in diesem Moment und bin sehr glücklich deine Bücher als Wegweiser und Inspiration gefunden zu haben. Danke für deinen langen Weg zu uns

63. Gracias a Thay por una vida llena de amor y enseñanza!!

64. Maxine says:

Thank you to Thay, for bringing such joy, peace and gratitude into this world. His words have healed and inspired so many and I know they will continue for generations to come. His words have helped me through some very challenging times and have truly changed my life in ways I am so grateful. Welcome back to your homeland, Thay. Peace and blessings.

65. Kunga Paljyor says:

Long Life Precious Teacher!!!

66. Emmanuelle Horn says:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your teachings and your books. I am profoundly happy to read that you’re back where you spiritual path began. Wherever you go, you bouddha body is and will always be with us. Once again, thank you.

67. Many blessings upon all who attend the Temple even for a moment, even for a lifetime.

68. Kaeli McCarthy says:

I feel much joy in hearing that Thay has returned to his homeland. I hope these will be very fulfilling days for him. Thank you for all of your beautiful teachings, Thay!

69. Michelle says:

Dearest, beloved Thay. In this present moment, I bow deeply to you. Your teachings have profoundly impacted my being; they have opened my heart and calmed my mind. I smile when I think of you. I smile knowing you are joyful. I smile…aware that it impacts the world in a beautiful way. Thank you, dear teacher. I love you.

70. Michel Klepper - True serenity says:

Dear Thay
    Breathing in, I touch the joy in my heart, breathing out, I share that joy with all beings in all directions.
    Every moment, at every step, I do my best to live and to share this teaching, and so many more, in my sangha and elsewhere. And I know that we are so many, thousands, to see the clouds in our tea. So the next buddha might, indeed, be a sangha. How wonderful beloved master !
    Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate, bodhi,svaha !

71. eve najac says:

un immense MERCI à vous Maître, tout les jours je mets en pratique vos enseignements.. le chemin de l’autre côté sera je l’espère aussi beau et enrichissant que celui sur cette terre .. NAMASTE

72. mhscholaministries@gmail.com says:

There are so words to express the gratitude I have to Thay and the monastic community. The love and warmth I’ve had being at Plum Village with the international friends, including my home sangha in New York.
    Love you all so much
    Monica

73. Polly Gets says:

Dearest Teacher,

Thank you, from the bottom of my very full heart. Because you have made a difference in me, I have made a difference in this world.

Polly

74. Golden Chan says:

Dear Thay: We wish you a happiness is possible now.I have a wonderful trip in Thai Plum Village this October. In Oct,22,2018 afternoon. l sitting meditation on a stone in front of your house. Then I saw you three times behind the window. My new friend a Monk brother ask me translate your book “Old Path,White Cloud to mandarin. So l translation from the countdown chapter, about Buddha and his last student story…What an amazing coincidence !
    My ultimate goal in the future, taught the Chinese people your Mindfulness Trainings.I know that is your wish ! We love you.

75. Tilia Broekema says:

Een warm welkom voor Thich Nhat Hang.
    Dankbaar voel ik mij dat woorden als vreugde, stilte, vergeving, glimlach, Sangha en vele andere een intensere betekenis hebben gekregen.
    Een mooi vol-ledig cirkel van leven toegewenst.

76. Etienne says:

I love you Thay.

I love you, Sangha.

(Please, sister True Dedication and the others, could you also publish on villagedespruniers.net in french …)

Peace.
    Etienne

• Chanh Niem says:

Dear Etienne,

Thank you for your comment. We will be posting the article on the French website shortly. We are sorry that it takes a little bit longer.

The PV Web Team

77. Melanie says:

Dear Thay, thank you for your beautiful teaching. My heart is full of happiness at your return to the beginning of your journey. The circle for this incarnation is complete. Grateful…as I breathe in and out…

78. Gigi says:

Wishing good health to Thich Naht Hanh – Your teachings have been the path to my internal peace and I am forever grateful.

79. Matty Mattson says:

Thank you, Thay, for opening my eyes many years ago. I am happy you are back in your home temple where you want to be. I will always strive for mindfulness and kindness toward the world big and small, near and far, because of your teachings. Respect and love to you.

80. Gregory Kennedy says:

So happy to read that Thay is returning home in accordance with his wishes.

81. Willy De Jongh says:

Finally Thay is coming home, peace and joy i wish to him and to al of you!

82. Jeanette says:

We are breathing together with you Thay

83. HONG ENG TAN says:

Love to know that you are home safely with joy Thay.
    Keep breathing in and out for yourself, this time, even though time is a non-existence in the face of Dhamma hey!
    Love you as you do to the humankind!
    See you one day soon in Tu Hieu Temple my beloved spiritual teacher!
    So long
    Hong Eng Tan E

84. STLee says:

I have prayed every day that you remain happy , calm n peaceful surrounded by your continuation bodies. The energy of love n the practice of mindfulness will sustain you for the moments ahead . With much love n metta , Br ST

85. Lynn Jolly says:

It’s heartwarming to know dearest Thay is in his homeland where he truly wishes to be. He’s given so much to the world in his lifetime, even being exiled from his own country because he spoke out and did the right thing. A true living Buddha. Thank you for all you’ve done dear Thay. Sending much peace and love. 🙏🏻❤️

86. Trish says:

Blessings, respect and love to Thay, and deep thankfulness for his teachings and example to a world so desperately in need of compassion and reconciliation.

87. Thankyou so much for this wonderful, amazing news – I have always hoped this could happen for dear Thay – Trish

88. Michael Makar says:

Our Heart Teacher -Snowflower Madison, WI.

89. Erick McEnaney says:

Simply want to say, Thank you and that I love you Thay…your life has always been without boundaries as has been your message of peace and happiness…:)

90. Hazel williams says:

Happy that thay has safely returned to his loved homeland but very sad that wont be any new wonderful talks by him ! He is truly a remarkable humanbeing

91. Rita Loyd says:

I am so happy to hear that you have returned home. Your teachings will always be in my heart influencing my actions. Thank you!
    Sincerely, Rita Loyd

92. Ashia McEvers says:

Many blessings to you Thay. I have learned so much since I first picked up Miracle of Mindfulness in 1978-9, I believe. Your teachings have been a guide for me through teenage years to my now 50’s. I have so much gratitude. I’m so happy to hear you are going home to your home temple. May you feel the love, healing, and kindness in all of your present moments. Deep gratitude and love to you. I am smiling and bowing to you.

93. Wesley Waymer says:

You have provided balance between my life and my faith through your allowance of tolerance, thus settling the Mara in my life. Thus yielding a philosophy of Love More, and transforming so many lost in Judeo Christianity absolutism. Allowing for all to embody the living Buddha living Christ mantra. Thank you Thay, You save my life. No exaggeration you save my life and with this gift I will save so many more. Namaste my teacher

94. Audrey Ciancutti says:

My heart is full of joy for you. May your return to home give you peace, love and contentment. You and your teachings have been a blessing to my life. Namaste My Teacher, Thay.

95. Derick Centeno says:

I had always hoped that the Venerable and Beloved Thich Nhat Hahn would be allowed back home. I’m pleased to learn that this is so, and the his wish has been fulfilled. May he know peace and contentment the rest of his days. I am grateful, as I’m sure many others are, for his sacrifice, dedication and efforts in maintaining and clarifying the Buddha’s meaning through his example and careful sharing.

96. Mr Truong says:

I hope thay can living more than 100 years

97. Ellie Graham says:

How wonderful to be home

98. Margaret says:

Beautiful!

99. Wanderley Luz says:

Master Thich Nhat Hanh, be calm and steady. Breath. Our love be with you always. We love you.

• Lynn Krown says:

Metta. Much love and peace. With gratitude. I think of you every morning with my walking meditation amongst crows and squirrels children and parents going to school.

100. Jeanne M Shelton says:

Deepest respect and love. Travel safely.

• Anne Copley says:

Dear Thay, beloved teacher
      So happy for you that you are now at home
      Heartfelt thanks and deep love – I will always reach for your hand when I walk in meditation.