- Personal towel & toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Water bottle/thermos/travel mug
- Water-proof shoes that are easy to slip on and off
- Umbrella or rain coat
- A copy (digital or paper) of your invoice and travel documents
- For large retreats (Summer; Francophone; 21-Day; Wake-up; Health & wellness; Business; Cooking; Christmas; New Year; Lunar New Year)
– Earphones & extension cord (3-5m) to listen to teachings given in
– Lunchbox/Tupperware for packing picnic lunch
- For Summer– In New Hamlet and Lower Hamlet, for all accommodation types, please
bring your own sleeping bag or beddings (we will provide pillows).
Rental is available if needed. This helps us reduce the amount of
water necessary for frequent washing.
– In Upper Hamlet, bedding is available in rooms.
– Sun hat
- Campers & Caravan
– All camping gear & sleeping bag.
– There are no water, electric, or septic hook-ups for caravans. There are limited electric hookups in Upper Hamlet available
- Ear plugs and eye mask, if you are a light sleeper
- Insect repellent (mosquito, & potentially ticks, chiggers) in Summer & Autumn
- Laundry soap – clothes washing is mostly by hand
- Please leave your pets at home. Although we love animals, there is no way to accommodate pets in Plum Village.
- Each Hamlet has a small shop with most things you might need (drinks, notebooks, snacks, toiletries, postcards & stamps etc)